Jewish Voice for Peace fights of rights of Bedouins in Negev
In just a few days, the Israeli Knesset will debate the Prawer Plan, a proposal to forcibly remove over 40,000 Bedouin citizens of Israel from their ancestral homelands.
But you can help stop this catastrophe.
If we can get 20,000 names saying No to Prawer within the next 24 hours, our partner on the ground, Avaaz.org, will hand-deliver our list to the Knesset.
Join the 18,000 who have already signed: www.jvp.org/StopPrawer
As US Secretary of State John Kerry urges both sides to negotiate for peace, the Prawer Plan highlights why peace talks haven’t worked: the plan was developed without the input of Bedouin communities directly affected by it, and treats Bedouin citizens of Israel and Jewish citizens differently.
No wonder the Bedouins are fighting the plan.
If Israel’s elected officials think this is what democracy looks like, it is no wonder that illegal settlement-building has only increased during decades of so-called peace talks.
Please tell everyone you know and sign here: www.jvp.org/StopPrawer
As a U.S. citizen, I know something about the forcible displacement of indigenous peoples. My country was built on it. But now, as I watch it happen in my lifetime, the difference is that there’s something we can do about it.
Please, join me and the rest of the world in raising our voices to Stop Prawer.
Rabbi Alissa Wise
Jewish Voice for Peace
- Cabinet OKs demolishing Bedouin village, replacing with Jewish town (haaretz.com)
- Palestinian Activists Call for Nationwide Nov. 30 Protests against “Prawer Plan” (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Israel’s Forced Transfer of Bedouins a “Prosecutable War Crime”, says HRW (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Sukkot Activism: Young Jews Protest the Prawer Plan in Chicago (rabbibrant.com)
- VIDEO | Palestinian village destroyed for the fourth time by Israel (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Adalah, Key Israeli civil rights organization challenges Israeli actions at UN (aanewswire.wordpress.com)
- Anti-Bedouin Unit Becomes Operational (philosophers-stone.co.uk)